*The following information are reuiqred.
Please enter your institutional email address . Email addresses from generic email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Live, MSN, iCloud, 126.com, 163.com or qq.com will be automatically rejected.
Thank you for using CMDB!
CMDB (URL: https://db.cngb.org/cmdb/, hereinafter referred to as "this Website" or "CMDB") is operated by Beijing Genomics Institute at Shenzhen(address: building 11, Beishan Industrial Zone, Beishan Road, Yantian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province; contact information: [+ 86-755-36307888]) (hereinafter referred to as "We" ). We provide you with services such as querying the allele frequency and summary statistics from genome-wide association study (GWAS) in the CMDB database.
This Term of Services (hereinafter referred to as "this Agreement") is a binding legal agreement between you and us. Please carefully read and confirm that you have fully understood this agreement before using this Website and related products and services (hereinafter referred to as "Related Services"), especially the terms of exemption or limitation of liability, applicable law, and dispute resolution. WE HAVE ALSO INTRODUCED OTHER TERMS AND POLICIES THAT SUPPLEMENT THIS AGREEMENT, SUCH AS THE CMDB WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH DESCRIBES HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THIS WEBSITE. BY CHECKING "I HAVE READ AND AGREED TO ABIDE BY THE CMDB WEBSITE TERMS OF SERVICES AND THE CMDB WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE ", YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES CONTAINED OR REFERENCED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
I. Account Registration and Management
II. Services of CMDB
IV. Intellectual Property
V. Disclaimers and Limited Liabilities
VI. Third-Party Links
VIII. Governing Law and Resolution of Disputes
IX. Alteration and Termination
X. Contact US
You should abide by the following rules when applying for account registration and using related services on this Website:
1. When you register on this Website and use Related Services, you should operate it in person and shall not transfer your account;
2. You should provide genuine, legal and valid personal information in accordance with the requirements of this Website and update it in time when the information changes. YOU SHALL BEAR THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES CAUSED BY YOUR UNTRUE REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR UNTIMELY UPDATE OF USER INFORMATION;
3. After successful registration, you should properly keep your personal account and password to prevent information disclosure. After the account and password are verified to be consistent, all operations in the account of this Website shall be regarded as your own actions, and you shall be fully responsible for such operations;
4. You should properly use your personal terminal device to avoid accessing, downloading, or installing websites or software that may contain viruses, Trojans or other malicious programs. YOU SHALL BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION SECURITY RISKS AND THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE CAUSED BY THE IMPROPER USE; ;
5. If you find any unauthorized use of user account or security vulnerability, please inform us immediately to take corresponding measures.
1. Overview. The various summary statistics of CMDB including allele frequency spectrum, variant type, and variant density are available on the overview page of the database.
2. Querying allele frequency. The registered users can search for the gene, transcript, variant, and genomic region to know about the allele frequency of genomic variants on the home page .
3. Querying the summary statistics of GWAS. Users can query the summary statistic results of GWAS with the four phenotypes of Height, Body mass index (BMI), Age, and Twins-pregnancy on the "GWAS" interface.
4. Remote access service. CMDBtools, a Restful API, enables researchers to access CMDB across remote sites. The guidance of the API is shown on the DOCUMENTATION page.
5. LIMITATION STATEMENT:
1) The query service is based on the statistical results from the existent population genomic study launched by CMDB team. But in view of the limitations of current research, including but not limited to the limitations of knowledge of genomics, experiment, analysis method, etc., the statistical results may be biased, and the corresponding query results may be biased.
2) THE DATABASE QUERY RESULTS WE SHOW YOU CAN ONLY BE USED AS THE INFORMATION CARRIER OF THE RESULTS FOR THE FIELD YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR AND DO NOT BELONG TO THE DIAGNOSIS REPORT OF MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS; WE ONLY PROVIDE REASONABLE ASSURANCE FOR QUERY RESULTS AND DO NOT PROVIDE DIAGNOSTIC CONCLUSIONS AND TREATMENT SUGGESTIONS.
6. YOU CONFIRM AND GIVE YOUR AUTHORIZATION FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1) YOU PROMISE TO ONLY USE CMDB FOR RELEVANT SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH THAT YOU DISCLOSED WHEN APPLYING FOR REGISTERED USERS, AND ONLY IN THE MAINLAND OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, AND NOT FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
2) YOU PROMISE WHEN YOU USE CMDB AND launch relevant research, you will abide by the relevant laws, regulations, and ethical norms on data protection, and comply with the regulation and requirements of the "Biosafety Law of the People's Republic of China" and the "Regulation of the People's Republic of China on the Administration of Human Genetic Resources".
3) WE PROMISE NOT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION DIRECTLY RELATED TO YOUR IDENTITY INFORMATION TO ANY PERSON OR ORGANIZATION UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY YOU OR REQUIRED BY NATIONAL LAWS; WE HAVE THE OWNERSHIP OF THE ANONYMIZED RELEVANT DATA AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO SHARE WITH OUR PARTNERS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS, DRUG R & D CENTERS, MEDICAL AND HEALTH ORGANIZATIONS, DISTRIBUTORS, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, ETC.).
1. YOU GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL ABIDE BY APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS, SOCIAL ETHICS, AND THE PRINCIPLE OF GOOD FAITH, AND WILL NOT DISTURB THE NORMAL ORDER OF THIS WEBSITE IN THE PROCESS OF USING THIS WEBSITE, AND PROMISE NOT TO COMMIT THE FOLLOWING ACTS:
1) Visit or log in to this Website in any way not recognized by us, such as robot software, spider software, crawler software, screen brushing software, etc;
2) In any way, cause or may cause unreasonable or disproportionate material burden to this Website;
3) Interfere with the normal operation order of this Website and invade the information system of this Website;
4) Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any software available on the operation of this Website or as the basis for the operation of this Website;
5) Delete or change any content on this Website in any way.
2. If we find or receive reports that you have violated this Agreement, we have the right to make independent judgment and take technical measures. At the same time, depending on the nature of your behavior, we have the right to take measures including but not limited to SUSPENDING OR TERMINATING THE SERVICE, RESTRICTING, FREEZING OR TERMINATING THE USE OF ACCOUNT, AND INITIATING LEGAL ACTS.
1. We hereby grant you a limited non-exclusive license to use the content of this Website, including but not limited to text, pictures, videos, animations, archives, materials, website architecture, website picture arrangement, web design, the trademarks ( ) (collectively referred to as "Content") can used only to obtain information about the products and services we provide ("Purpose") and are expressly prohibited for all other purposes.
2. The Content on this Website may be protected in whole or in part by applicable intellectual property laws. We and/or corresponding right subjects own their intellectual property rights according to law, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, etc. In addition to the above limited license, we do not grant or imply the right or license to use any copyrighted content or trademark (registered or unregistered) of us or any third party.
3. Without our written consent, no one shall use, modify, copy, publicly disseminate, change, distribute, or publish the program or Content of this Website without authorization, and shall not use the design or use the design skills to use or take possession of the trademarks, the logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, web design or form) of us or our affiliates. The names and trademarks of us or its affiliates shall not be used in the form of meta tags or any other "hidden text" without our express written consent.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may download content from this Website to any computer only for the above purposes, provided that you maintain the integrity of all copyrights, trademarks and other legal notices and comply with any other terms and conditions that may apply to such Content. At the same time, without our express written consent, you shall not collect and use product information beyond the Purpose, make any derivative use of this Website or its Content, download or copy account information or use any data collection, robots or similar data collection and extraction tools for other commercial interests, The Content of this Website shall not be systematically obtained to directly or indirectly create or edit anthologies, compilations and databases (whether through robots, spiders, automatic instruments or manual operation), and the contents and materials on this Website shall not be used for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement.
1. WE PERFORM THE BASIC GUARANTEE OBLIGATIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW, BUT WE DO NOT BEAR THE CORRESPONDING LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS, SUCH AS OBSTACLES TO CONTRACT PERFORMANCE, DEFECTS IN PERFORMANCE, DELAY IN PERFORMANCE OR CHANGES IN PERFORMANCE CONTENT:
1) DUE TO NATURAL DISASTERS, STRIKES, RIOTS, WARS, GOVERNMENT ACTIONS, JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDERS AND OTHER FORCE MAJEURE FACTORS;
2) DUE TO POWER SUPPLY FAILURE, COMMUNICATION NETWORK FAILURE AND OTHER PUBLIC SERVICE FACTORS OR THIRD-PARTY FACTORS;
3) UNDER THE CONDITION THAT WE HAVE MANAGED IN GOOD FAITH, DUE TO ROUTINE OR EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEM MAINTENANCE, EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEM FAILURE, NETWORK INFORMATION AND DATA SECURITY AND OTHER FACTORS;
4) YOUR IMPROPER OPERATION;
5) YOU USE THIS WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES IN A MANNER NOT PERMITTED BY THIS AGREEMENT;
6) OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL OR IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
2. OTHER DISCLAIMERS:
1) WE WILL NOT BEAR ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SERVICE OBSTACLES CAUSED BY THE ERROR OF YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TELEPHONE NUMBER, MAILING ADDRESS AND E-MAIL ADDRESS) OR THE FAILURE TO CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN TIME;
2) WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSURE OR POSSIBLE DISCRIMINATION BY OTHERS OR THE SOCIETY DUE TO YOUR PERSONAL REASONS, SUCH AS INFORMING OTHERS OF YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD OR SHARING YOUR REGISTERED ACCOUNT WITH OTHERS.
3. THIS WEBSITE IS OPERATED BY THE CMDB team OF BEIJING GENOMICS INSTITUTE AT SHENZHEN, WHICH IS HEADQUARTERED IN YANTIAN DISTRICT, SHENZHEN. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE, APPROPRIATE OR LEGAL TO ACCESS AND USE THIS WEBSITE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES / REGIONS. BY VISITING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU COMPLY WITH ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE.
4. IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE PROVISIONS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS.
1. Links to third party websites that jump from our website: this Website may include hyperlinks to other websites owned, managed and / or operated by third parties, which may have their own terms and conditions of use. The hyperlinks of these third-party websites are only provided for your convenience and do not constitute any recognition, recommendation, confirmation or affiliation statement of such third parties or such third-party websites or their contents. We make no representations or warranties in connection with your access to or use of such third-party websites or the content contained on such third-party websites. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF HYPERLINKS TO ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE.
2. Link to our website: you may not create hyperlinks to this Website unless expressly approved by us. Without our express written approval, you may not link to this Website by any statement or implication that you or your organization has any affiliation with us, or by any previous sponsorship, recognition, approval or recommendation to you or your organization. Any permitted links to this Website must clearly identify us as the owner of this Website. We reserve the right to redirect (to any page of our choice) or block any link to this Website.
1. Based on the third-party requests, claims and losses caused by your access to and use of this Website in violation of this Agreement, you agree to compensate and exempt us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, suppliers and business partners from any claims, compensation, fines, costs and expenses arising from or related to this Agreement, including but not limited to:
1) Reasonable attorney's fees and legal fees and necessary expenses incurred to eliminate the impact;
2) Fines, liquidated damages or compensation for external expenses such as administrative punishment, judicial judgment and mediation within the scope of legal standards;
3) The specific amount of goodwill loss and reasonable expected interest loss can be calculated based on the relevant estimation standards obtained from the independent and reasonable analysis of the third party, our reasonable analysis and other reasonable methods for calculating income and loss;
4) Other consequential loss.
2. You agree to assist us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, suppliers and business partners to defend any dispute arising from your access to and use of this Website in violation of this Agreement, and you may not abandon your right to claim against any third party without our prior written consent. It is also not allowed to reach a settlement with any third party on any matter without our express authorization.
3. This provision shall remain in force after you stop using this Website or we stop services or deactivate your account.
The establishment, signing, validity, interpretation, performance, modification, termination and dispute resolution of this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Mainland of the People's Republic of China, regardless of the provisions on conflict of laws. You agree to submit any dispute arising from accessing or using this Website and / or involving this Agreement to Shenzhen Yantian District People's court for litigation.
1. We may modify this Agreement from time to time according to changes in applicable laws, optimization of our services and protection of your legitimate rights and interests. We will issue an updated version through this Website and remind you of any changes in this Agreement through website announcements or other appropriate ways. AFTER THE CHANGE OF THIS AGREEMENT, IF YOU CONTINUE TO USE THIS WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES, YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE AMENDED AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD STOP USING THIS WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES.
2. For material changes, we will also provide more significant notices (we may explain the specific changes of this Agreement by ways including but not limited to email, SMS or special notices on this Website).
3. We will also archive the historical version of this Agreement (http://cmdb.bgi.com/cmdb/license) for your reference.
4. IN CASE OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO INTERRUPT OR TERMINATE THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU WITHOUT NOTICE:
1) According to applicable laws, you should submit authentic information, and the personal data you provide is not genuine or inconsistent with the information at the time of registration, and you fail to provide reasonable evidence;
2) You violate applicable laws or this Agreement;
3) In accordance with applicable laws and regulations or requirements of competent authorities;
4) For safety reasons or other necessary circumstances.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this Agreement, you may send a written request to the address of the CMDB team of Beijing Genomics Institute at Shenzhen (address: building 11, Beishan Industrial Zone, Yantian District, Shenzhen) or email email@example.com. Generally, we will reply within 15 working days.
Thank you for your trust on the CMDB (URL: https://db.cngb.org/cmdb/, hereinafter referred to as "this Website" or "CMDB"). As a website providing CMDB database query services to users all over the world, Beijing Genomics Institute at Shenzhen(address: [building 11, Beishan Industrial Zone, Beishan Road, Yantian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province]; contact information: [+ 86-755-36307888], hereinafter referred to as "we") respects your privacy and protects your personal information (“PI”) in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will explain to you how we will process your PI and how you exercise your rights in the process of using this Website, so as to better protect your rights as the subject of personal information in this CMDB Website Privacy Notice (hereinafter referred to as "this Notice").
Please read and understand this Notice carefully before you register and use this Website. In particular, please pay attention to the terms marked in bold to ensure that you fully understand and agree to the rules for processing your PI before using this Website. Unless otherwise provided by laws and regulations, if you continue to use this Website after we update this Notice, you are bound by the terms and conditions of this Notice (including the updated version).
I. How We Collect and Process PI
Ii. How We Share, Transfer and Disclose PI
Iii. Exceptions for Processing PI with Prior Consent
V. How We Store PI
Vi. How We Ensure the Safety of PI
Vii. How We Protect Your Rights
Viii. How We Process Children’s PI
Ix. Application of This Notice
Xi. Contact Us
If you register as a user of this Website, you need to at least provide us with your real name, organization, university or research institution e-mail address, phone number, research field, and the purpose of using the database. You set the user name and your own password to complete user registration and login and retrieve the password when the password is lost.
This Website provides a visitor mode, in which you can browse this website without registration to get a preliminary overview of various summary statistics, such as allele frequency spectrum, and variant type.
2. Network and information security
In order to improve the security of the network and information when you use our services, more accurately prevent website fraud and protect account security, we may collect and process your network behavior (such as click frequency) log information, IP address information of accessing this Website, access time and other data to ensure the security of your information and account when you use this Website.
1. Third-party sharing
We will not share your PI with any company, organization or individual, except in the following cases:
1) We have obtained your prior consent or authorization.
2) We may share your PI with third parties such as partners. However, we will only share your PI for legal, legitimate, necessary, specific, and clear purposes, and only share the PI necessary to provide services. Our partners are not authorized to use the shared PI for any other purpose. Our partners include suppliers, service providers and other partners. We will share information to suppliers, service providers, email verification service providers, consultants or agents and other partners supporting our business to support the services on this Website. These supports include providing technical infrastructure services, providing customer services, providing mailbox verification services, and providing legal advisory services. We require these service providers to use your information only for the purpose of providing services to us, and not for their own interests.
3) Sharing PI belongs to "the circumstances specified in [III. Exceptions for Processing PI with Prior Consent]".
We will sign strict confidentiality agreements / terms with the aforementioned third parties to require them to process PI in accordance with our instructions, this Notice and take any other relevant confidentiality and security measures. In the use of personal sensitive data, we require third parties to adopt data desensitization and encryption technology to better protect your personal information.
We will not transfer your PI to any company, organization or individual, except for the following circumstances:
2) If we need to transfer PI due to merger, division, dissolution, or bankruptcy, we will inform you of the name or contact information of the recipient. We will require the receiving party to continue to comply with this Notice and other legal obligations. If the receiving party changes the original processing purpose and processing method, it will obtain your consent again.
3) The transfer of PI belongs to "the circumstances specified in [III. Exceptions for Processing PI with Prior Consent].
We will only publicly disclose your PI under the following circumstances and adopting industry-standard safeguard measures::
1) We have obtained your separate consent or authorization in advance.
2) If your PI must be provided according to the requirements of applicable laws, mandatory administrative law enforcement or judicial requirements, we may publicly disclose your PI according to the type and disclosure method of PI required.
3) The public disclosure of PI belongs to "the circumstances specified in [III. Exceptions for Processing PI with Prior Consent]".
The processing of PI includes the collection, storage, use, processing, transmission, provision, disclosure, and deletion. Please be aware that in the following scenarios, we do not need your consent to process PI:
1. Necessary for the conclusion and performance of a contract to which an individual is a party;
2. Necessary for the performance of legal duties or legal obligations;
3. Necessary for responding to public health emergencies or protecting the life, health and property safety of natural persons in emergencies;
4. Processing PI that is disclosed by yourself or other legally disclosed PI within reasonable purpose;
5. Other circumstances stipulated by applicable laws.
1. With cookies, the Websites can save settings, such as language, font size and other browsing preferences of computers or mobile devices. This means that users do not need to reconfigure user preferences each time they visit.
2. User login authentication. When you visit this Website, we will generate a separate ID for you and record the user ID, organization identity, login status, name, email address and mobile phone number to identify your identity.
3. "Session cookie" is used to track your input when submitting online data and allow the system to identify users between pages or selections. We also use session cookies to provide the information you request through actions such as clicking a button or filling out a web form. Session cookies always expire after the browsing session ends.
In most cases, you can manage cookie preferences by adjusting settings on your browser to disable cookies and other data collection technologies. Please note that if you choose to delete or reject cookies, or clear local storage, it may affect the function, availability, and performance of this Website.
We will store your PI collected within the People's Republic of China (“China”) in the private cloud server of the national gene bank located in China in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, and strictly keep these information confidential according to laws. There is currently no case of providing PI overseas, but if it is necessary to provide PI outside China due to business necessity in the future, we shall strictly abide by the relevant provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
For the information you provide during user registration and your weblog information, we store such PI within the necessary period to provide you with services on this Website. If you deactivate your account, we may continue to store your PI for a necessary period of time for reasons such as system security and file management, and delete it in time when it is no longer necessary to continue to store, except for those that need to be retained according to applicable laws.
If we terminate the service or operation, we will notify you in advance and delete or anonymize your PI after the termination of the service or operation, unless otherwise required by applicable laws or required to retain your PI in order to fulfill our compliance obligations.
This Website uses security protection measures in line with industry standards to protect your personal information, avoid unauthorized or illegal access, utilization, processing, or modification of the PI you provide, and avoid infringement or disclosure of the above personal information.
In case of PI security incidents, we will promptly inform you by e-mail in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations: the basic situation and possible impact of security incidents, the disposal measures we have taken or will take, the suggestions you can independently prevent and reduce risks, and the remedial measures for you. When it is difficult to inform personally, we will take a reasonable and effective way to publish the announcement and report the disposal of users’ PI security events according to the requirements of the regulatory authorities.
In accordance with applicable laws, scientific research norms and ethical principles, we guarantee you to exercise the following rights to your PI. In addition, if applicable laws provide that you have other rights to your PI, we will also strictly abide by the provisions of applicable laws.
1. Access, correct and supplement
Unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations, you have the right to access the "Profile" interface of this Website to access, correct and supplement your PI.
You can request us to delete your PI in the following cases:
1) If you withdraw your consent;
2) If our processing purpose has been achieved, cannot be achieved or is no longer necessary to be achieved;
3) If you deactivate your account, or we stop providing products or services, or the storage period has expired;
4) If we deal with your PI in violation of laws, administrative regulations or agreements;
5) Other circumstances stipulated by applicable laws.
You can deactivate your registered account at any time. After the account is deactivated, the website will stop providing you with products or services, your PI will be deleted or reasonable measures specified by applicable laws will be taken, and the account cannot be recovered after the account is deactivated. It is recommended that you make a backup, unless otherwise specified by laws and regulations.
You may withdraw your consent. When you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process the corresponding PI. However, your decision to withdraw your consent will not affect the previous PI processing based on your consent.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights. For security, you may need to provide a written request or otherwise prove your identity. We may need to ask you to verify your identity before processing your request. We usually reply within 15 working days.
We may not be able to respond to your request if the request is:
1) related to our performance of our obligations under laws and regulations;
2) directly related to national security and national defense security;
3) directly related to public safety, public health and major public interests;
4) directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgment;
5) we have sufficient evidence to show that users have subjective malice or abuse of rights;
6) for the purpose of safeguarding the life, property and other major legitimate rights and interests of users or other individuals, but it is difficult to obtain their own consent;
7) responding to the user's request will cause serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of the user or other individuals and organizations;
8) involving trade secrets.
1. The definition of children in this Notice will be determined in accordance with applicable laws. According to relevant laws and regulations of China, children refer to minors under the age of 14, and their PI belongs to sensitive PI.
2. Our services are generally for adult researchers. If you are a child under applicable laws, your guardian should read this Notice. You can use our services or provide us with your PI with the consent of your guardian. In the case of collecting your information with the consent of your guardian, we will process your PI under the following circumstances: where permitted by applicable laws and regulations, or with the explicit consent of the guardian, or in order to protect the rights and interests of the child's PI.
3. If a child uses the services of this Website and provides PI without the consent of the guardian, the guardian has the right to contact us and refuse to further process the child's PI, or ask this Website to delete the child’s PI, and we will try to delete the relevant PI as soon as possible.
1. This Notice is only applicable to the services provided on this Website. If you jump to this Website through a third party or visit a third party's website through this Website and use the services provided by it, the commitment made by the third party's privacy notice has nothing to do with this Website. Please note that we have no control over the products, services or PI processed by third parties.
2. The protection of your PI in the process of using third-party products or services does not apply to this Notice. This Notice also does not apply to any information you choose to provide to third parties. It is recommended that you consult or contact such third parties to obtain details about their privacy notices. If you find that these web pages created by third parties or applications developed by third parties are at risk, it is recommended that you terminate relevant operations to protect your legitimate rights and interests.
1. In order to provide you with better service and with the development of our business, this Notice will be updated. Without your consent, we will not reduce your rights under this Notice. We will issue an updated version through this Website and remind you of any updates to this Notice through website announcements or other appropriate ways.
2. For material changes, we will also provide more significant notices (we may explain the specific changes of this policy by including but not limited to email, SMS or special notices on the website page).
3. Material changes referred to in this Notice include but are not limited to:
1) Significant changes have taken place in our service model. Such as the purpose of processing PI, the type of PI processed, the processing method of PI, etc.;
2) We have undergone significant changes in ownership structure, organizational structure, etc. Such as owner change caused by business adjustment, bankruptcy, M & A, etc.;
3) The main objects of PI sharing, transfer or public disclosure have changed;
4) Significant changes have taken place in your right to participate in PI processing and the way in which you exercise it;
5) When the responsible department, contact information and complaint channels responsible for ensuring PI security change;
6) When the PI protection impact assessment report indicates that there is a high risk;
4. We will also archive the historical version of this Notice (http://cmdb.bgi.com/cmdb/license) for your reference.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this Notice, you may send a written request to the address of the CMDB team of Beijing Genomics Institute at Shenzhen(address: building 11, Beishan Industrial Zone, Yantian District, Shenzhen) or email email@example.com. Generally, we will reply within 15 working days.